Talk about thinking outside the box and inside the house at the same time as Ice Cube’s Big3 Basketball league has come up with a new reality basketball show concept. The goal is to combine a reality TV show with a three-on-three basketball tournament from a quarantined house.
Imagine a reality TV show that captures the daily smack-talk of former NBA stars like Greg Oden and Joe Johnson as they prepare to do battle with other members of their quarantined house. Basically think CBS’s “Big Brother” meets a three-on-three basketball tournament. At this point, no players have been announced.
Yahoo Sports Reports
According to the team at Yahoo Sports – the Big3 is in talks with multiple networks to broadcast the games and house banter.
The concept includes a production crew that would be stationed outside of the house thus insuring no breaches in the quarantined house.
How the Show Will Work
Clearly there is a huge sports void left in the wake of the pandemic and if a bunch of former NBA basketball players can bring some temporary basketball and comic relief to the public – then I’m all in.
As you might imagine I have a bunch of questions:
1. What are sleeping arrangements going to look like – will the Big3 provide 7-foot capable bunk beds?
2. If Shaq interviews players via a video call, will you have a translator on staff?
3. Will 420 be allowed at all times of the day?
4. Will there be a four-point line? Please let there be a 4-point line.
5. If someone shots an air-ball, will they be evicted from the house?
These are just some quick fun thoughts, but in all seriousness, I think this is a great idea considering the current situation we are all in.
You’ve got to give it to Ice Cube and Josh Kwatinetz for getting super creative during the Coronavirus Winter we are living through.